Friday, November 12, 2010

A new adventure.....

Hello ! 

Thanks for stopping by for a visit. This is my very first post so please forgive me if it seems like I don't know what I am doing. I have spent a lot of time looking at blogs this year, and felt it was time to give it a try myself. A new adventure this will surely be! I am excited to share my passion for decorating with you. I think my style is best described as a relaxed coastal look with a vintage, yet current flair. Decorating has been a passion of mine for about 20 years, and a small business has evolved from it. I will share more about that later.  I hope that you will find inspiration from some of my ideas as I share in this blogging world.





Here is my dining room, I've been working on it over the summer.  I started with the large white cabinet you see here.  It is an imported piece that has a aged look to it.  It is a great storage piece! The chandelier was already here, but I added some aqua beads and a string of shells (that I found at Michaels) to give it a different look. The table was an estate sale find that had a maple finish.  I painted the base white, distressed it, then painted the top a dark walnut. I found the four chairs around the table at a thrift store for a great price. The pine drop leaf table in front of the windows was purchased at an auction.  I painted it white and distressed it to give it a more relaxed feel.  The two chairs beside the drop leaf were in my kitchen before, I just reupholstered the cushions in an aqua fabric that I found at Printers Alley. The curtains were a great price as well, I found them at IKEA.




This is another view of the room. The bookcase in the little hallway is also an imported piece, it was originally off white. I painted it aqua and distressed it to show the wood and white paint underneath. I love  vintage white and off white vintage planters and vases.  I have a few of my collection displayed on the shelves of the bookcase as well as a few other items.




Here is a close up of the items I have displayed on the drop leaf table. The green box is made from reclaimed wood out of an old farm house, I think it is so cool! I also love the aqua vintage bottle displayed as well as the vintage crystal knob. I found the lamps at HomeGoods.  I think they give the table the little touch of current that I try to add to my rooms. As I share more of my home with you, you will begin to see that I have many obsessions one being white lamps!

I hope that you have enjoyed my very first blog. I would love to here from you. Your comments and advice are welcomed!  I feel like I have so much to learn. Thanks for stopping by and please check back with me soon. I am already thinking about what to share with you next:)

Kind Regards,
Debbi

No comments:

Post a Comment